I love this time of the year. Everyone is singing about their resolutions and big plans for the year. If you know me, Im a goal digger so this kind of stuff gets my blood pumping. As Sad as it may sound it’s true. But sometimes I feel we all get excited about resolutions (myself included) but we don’t action anything. Sometimes there is action but that only lasts a couple of days, weeks or months. By the end of the year we are mourning about how we didn’t achieve our goals.
The truth is a resolution can be made at any time of the year if one is really serious about it. You don’t have to wait for the 1st of January.However, since we are in that exciting goal setting season here are a couple of tips:
- Before you make a resolution ask yourself HONESTLY on a scale of 1-10 how badly do you want this. Otherwise, you are just wasting your time writing nice ideas but they have little value or meaning to you. Chase the resolution that scares you.
- Goals don’t magically become a reality without a plan or action. You must have a step by step plan of how you will execute your goals not just stored in your head.We call those wishes.
- Take action little by little. The first steps will be the hardest but after 21 days everything becomes a habit.
- You will feel like quitting because of obstacles that may come your way therefore pre-empt everything that will stand in your way and how you will respond.
- Make your goals as crystal clear as possible and figure out what your main motivators are behind those goals. Review your goals every week.
According to Forbes only 8% of people achieve their new years resolutions. Be part of the 8%.
Remember to keep God first place and commit your way to him.
Happy goal setting